Santé’s philosophy of care
We, the practitioners and staff at Santé, affirm the power and strength of men and women and the importance of their health in the well-being of families, communities and nations.
We believe every person has a right to:
- Equitable, ethical, accessible quality health care that promotes healing and health
- Health care that respects human dignity, individuality and diversity among groups
- Complete and accurate information to make informed health care decisions
- Self-determination and active participation in health care decisions
- Involvement of designated family members or friends, to the extent desired, in all health care experiences
We believe the best model of health care:
- Promotes a continuous and compassionate partnership
- Acknowledges a person’s life experiences and knowledge
- Includes individualized methods of care and healing guided by the best evidence available
- Involves therapeutic use of human presence and skillful communication
We honor the normalcy of lifecycle events. We believe in:
- Watchful waiting and non-intervention in normal processes
- Appropriate use of interventions and technology for current or potential health problems
- Consultation, collaboration and referral with other members of the health care team as needed to provide optimal health care. We use a spectrum of healing modalities including Homeopathy, Ayurveda, Acupuncture, Chinese Medicine, Shiatsu, Psychotherapy and Allopathy
We affirm that care at Sante incorporates these qualities and that people’s health care needs are well-served through our model of care.
Finally, we value formal education, lifelong individual learning, and the development and application of research to guide ethical and competent practice. These beliefs and values provide the foundation for commitment to individual and collective leadership at the community, state, national and international level to improve the health of individuals and their families worldwide.